Simulation does not converge with decreasing inter-particle spacing

Thanks @vito.zago for your reply. It sounds like you’ve confirmed my suspicion…the initial conditions, i.e. filling of the tank, is at fault.

Over the last few days, I’ve been trying to utilize the preprocessor, “Crixus”, to initialize the domain particle fill. I thought this approach might overcome the issue. (see Crixus still supported? for more on that topic).

I’m glad to hear that it’s a known issue and has been addressed in the future release. I know you said I can checkout the “next” branch, but do you know when the official release is scheduled for? I’m just curious. Also, are the fixes you mentioned in the “next” branch specific to the Wave Tank problem, or are they universal to all problem sets? How does this solution relate to initialization using the preprocessor “Crixus”?

Lastly, if you wouldn’t mind elaborating on how the filling of the tank has changed in the “next” branch, I would be grateful. I can see that there is now a single call to “addBox” vs a bunch of calls to “addRect” in a loop. Is it simply a change of which function is called or has there been further enhancements under the hood?

SIDE NOTE
I tried to include the cylinders with the Wave Tank experiment under the “next” branch and it removes all the water particles. I’m not really sure of the “issue/bug” procedure with the “next” branch so if you could pass on the word.