Is there any example to show the function of REPACKING

Hi, I am interested in REPACKING.
I guess this RUN_MODE can redistribute particles to make them to be compatible with a curved boundary.
However, I did not find any example to show the function of REPACKING.
Did I miss that? If not, can anyone provide a test case. Thanks a lot.

Hello,

there are a couple of test cases that support the repacking feature (they have ENABLE_REPACKING among the flags). Running them with the --repack command-line flag will run the repacking step before the actual run.

Do keep in mind that this feature is very experimental and may not work as expected at the moment (I am not even sure if it works correctly on the test cases where it has been included, TBH).

Indeed.
I have run Bubble and StillWaterRepackSA.
In Bubble, I can not find the difference between enabling and disabling repack.

Also I feel strange in StillWaterRepackSA, some particles are missing.
However, if this mode is used to obtain a body-fit particle distribution. Then, maybe I can re-write it.
I have write base on particle packing algorithm proposed by Colagrossi.

can you provide me a paper to better understand this REPACKING mode.

Keeping in mind that this feature was entirely sponsored, developed and integrated by EDF, so my knowledge of it is very limited, my understanding is that the intent was to implement Colagrossi’s algorithm. I have never used or looked at it though, so I don’t know how accurate the implementation is. You’re welcome to try and fix it, although I would appreciate if you provide such contribution through GitHub so that it can be properly reviewed and merged.